Even though I’m such a Daiya cheese devotee, we had heard that Galaxy Nutritional Food’s came out with new Vegan shreds and I was willing to give them a try. Boy, was I glad I did!!! They seriously were the best melt I’ve seen yet. Absolutely perfect for nachos. We haven’t tried it with pizza yet, but will hopefully do so soon.
I feel kind of silly giving a recipe and directions for nachos (similarly to how I felt about my Grilled Cheese recipe!) but I am going to do so for the sake of continuity. Here you go!
- Multi-grain tortilla chips
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Mexican style vegan shreds
- Amy’s Organic vegetarian refried beans
- Tofutti Sour Supreme vegan sour cream
- Melissa’s Quickie Guacamole*
- Fresh chopped cilantro, if desired
- Place tortilla chips on a plate. Sprinkle the Mexican style vegan shreds on top. Place in microwave and cook in 30 second intervals (depending on your microwave) and keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Dollop a generous portion of Melissa’s Quickie Guacamole along with some salsa, vegan sour cream and refried beans.
- Stuff it in your face!!!
- One ripe avocado
- Salt, to taste
- Lime, to taste
- Scoop out avocado into a bowl. Salt and lime to taste.
- Smoosh with a fork and serve.
Now you dish — what are your favorite vegan nacho toppings? I think some Soy-rizo would be awesome, and recently had some vegan nachos with some crazy awesome Mexican-seasoned seitan.